Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) is a tree, native to Arizona, Southern California and Northern Mexico. It is cultivated for its oil-rich seeds, long used by Native Americans for cosmetic purposes.
Jojoba seed oil is rather unusual, in that it is actually not really a true oil, but a liquid wax, and its chemical composition closely resembles human sebum, one of the skin's natural lubricants.
Jojoba seed oil is deeply penetrating and has exceptional skin softening qualities. It is one of several plant emollients that mimic the lipid content of the skin. It helps stabilize and maintain the structure of the skin's complex inter-cellular matrix, preventing moisture loss and cell damage, and promoting skin's soft, smooth, healthy appearance.
Skin Care Benefits:
Soothing, Softening, Moisturizing, Healing
Alchemilla Products Containing this Herb:
- Jasmine Replenishing Cream
- Exfoliating Face Wash Cream
Bath and Body
- Geranium Chamomile Organic Body & Massage Oil
- Oregon Lavender Organic Body & Massage Oil
- Organic Pregnancy Belly Oil
- Detoxify & Balance Organic Body and Massage Oil